Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Quote: Chapter 12 (page 113)

"This is the first time I've ever done this, but I put my arms around my sister. She feels as if she's all bones, and she's shaking. I don't know what to say. So we sit like that for a long, long time." I think that she was trying to be helpful but, at times like this, she doesn't know what to do. They are waiting for their parents to come back because, at times we want to be the parent (boss kids around and stay up late) but what we don't realize are the things that we don't know until they are gone. For instance, when they are in these kinds of situations, they want comfort that usually comes from the parents. While they don't have their parents, they learned to comfort each other but sometimes I find (with my sister) that it's hard to find what to say that is as comforting, if not more, that what our parents would say.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so sad that Nadira has never given her sister a hug. :( (See my blog). :)

    ReplyDelete