Monday, March 2, 2009

Quote: Chapter 4 (page 28)

"'So we have to stick together. Not fight.' She held out her hand as a peace offering. I look at her slender wrist, her single bangle glinting against the bone. No way am I sticking with Aisha. What that really means is I'm supposed to do whatever she says, and then she gets all the credit. "Forget it," I reply, and then I shove a spoonful of Jell-o in my mouth, get up, and head to the buffet for more." I chose this quote because it really stood out to me. The sisters have not had the chance they were given right now to forgive each other. It seems like an easy and steady process, but it's not. A broken relationship can be quick to heal or slow but often times when rushed, it never turns out right and you end up having an awkward relationship with someone, rather than the pleasant one that is always expected to occur. I think that they have had to much time that they have spent apart from one another that it is nice that they are trying to be friendly to one another but they need time to heal their relationship and learn to trust one another as well as let everyone around them help them and know they are trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment