Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quote: Chapter 9 (page 79)

"And if I say something good, then it is like watching my own garden grow, and that is the greatest pleasure ever. That's what Aisha and I are doing. We're planting a garden with our words. Our future. Everything careful and chosen well so the shoots come up strong and straight." I liked this paragraph because of the imagery that the thought provides. I never thought about it that way. In their case, they choose they're words carefully in order to help their garden grow. They are planting their future as I think that they talk a lot about in chapter 9. It really makes you think about how you choose your words when you think about it. For instance, someone who talks a lot would have a big garden with lots of flowers. Someone who doesn't talk a lot would have a smaller garden. If you pick your words carefully, you will end up with a beautiful garden. However, if you don't say well thought out words (and swear) you will end up with more weeds than flowers in your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment