Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quote: Chapter 18 (page 159)

'Then Abba looks at us all. "Ready to go home?" Together we shit our eyes, dip our heads, and start to leave the room. I can feel it, the water pressing all around us, pulsing form below. Abba's fingers reach for mine. And we do as he taught us. We hold our breaths, then let them out, bit by bit. We push forward, into the unknown. Go." I think that this was a cool illustration of what their family believes water is and how they use it. I also think that this was a neat way to tie in one of the main ideas from the book, water, and use it in the end which makes the book that much stronger. They didn't talk about it but I think that Abba said home in a different way now that they have one and they don't have to hide anymore. I think that Abba said it like something had been lifted from his shoulders. He felt released, like he could swim off with his family and they could do what they want now.

No comments:

Post a Comment